Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Teething Times


So recently Andrew started teething! This was a day I was waiting for. I kept wondering, when is it going to happen? I knew it would be closer to one before he got any teeth cause Curt and I both were late bloomers. Now I am sure you moms who have already experienced this time in your little ones lives are smiling when I say I was "looking forward to it". Who knew those pesky teeth were going to cause so much trouble. Andrew has been sooooooooo fussy because of it, today being one of those. Granted we are just in the beginning, right now I can only feel those two little bumps on the bottom of his gums, but I know they are there and soon they will pop out and be seen. So any advice on how to keep a fussy teething baby happy please let me know, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2 comments:

The Sappingtons said...

Hey Mandy,

Yeah for teeth! He's got Jadyn beat on that one. :)

What about orajel teething stuff and there's also those little tiny beads that you're supposed to dissolve in water and rub on their gums. (I think you can get it at Wal-Mart). I've heard that really helps. I wouldn't know...yet. Jadyn's been really fussy today as well. Only, it's not for teething reasons... :( She's got one nasty of a cold! She got lots of TLC today. I'll be praying that he has little discomfort (and you too, haha!) as his teefers come in!

Aluminum Nest said...

Mandy,

Put some of Drew's favorite little chew toys in the freezer. Or even a wet wash cloth. Also I had a Mom tell me once that frozen peas are great. Just give them one at a time in the high chair. They dissolve pretty quickly and feel cold and good on their gums. Its good for them too! I haven't tried it yet. I don't know if Drew is eating cheerios yet but maybe in the future you could try it.